This interactive program targets students 13-19 years of age, from underserved communities surrounding University of Chicago, that provides exposure to various medical careers, guidance on applying into medical professional schools, and provides ongoing didactics and mentorship to address the lack of available health professionals from communities suffering from the worst of health disparities.
- Medical Careers Panel: (Doctors Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, Paramedics, Radiology Techs)
- Medical STEM Careers Panel: STEM in Medicine Didactics ( Ultrasound, Robotic Surgery)
- Healthcare Disparities Clinical Skills Suturing
- Medical Careers Differentiation Day: (students will choose 1-2 career paths of interests via surveys following the careers panel lectures, which determines the small group mentor sessions they will participate in)
- Medical Campus visit and Admissions day. (Students will get to visit Malcom X College and Pritzker School of Medicine, where students meet Admissions panel, receive swag and memorabilia, and take tours of each facility.
- Medical Careers Breakout Application Session (Eligible students will focus on dual enrollment in Nursing, EMT, Radiology schooling, while Premeds will apply for pipeline programs such as I am Abel, Champs, EDVICE